We welcome submissions to the NatSCA blog on a wide range of topics relating to natural science collections. Please follow the guidelines below when submitting a post to our editors.
- Blog posts should be short to medium form – from one paragraph to 800 words as a suggested upper limit.
- Posts should be written in clear English, conforming to the usual rules of spelling and grammar.
- Paragraphs should be no more than four sentences long where possible.
- Subtitles/headers should be used to help navigate through longer posts.
- Acronyms should be explained in the text or be linked to a site with an explanation.
- Posts should have at least one image, appropriate to the content. Images should have a caption, and a link to the source if taken from elsewhere online. When submitting images, please attach the files to your email in addition to the article document, for ease of uploading.
- An image should be used to break up strings of more than three paragraphs.
Do please remember to keep posts concise – the editors reserve the right to return a submission to you for re-writing, or edit to length ourselves, if it significantly exceeds the stated word limit.