The Natural Sciences Collections Association (NatSCA) is the UK’s organisation for representing Natural Science Collections and the staff that work with them. We are a registered charity (No. 1098156) run by unpaid volunteers elected from our membership.
- To increase awareness of the scientific and cultural value of Natural History Collections.
- To raise the standards of care and interpretation of Natural History Collections
- To facilitate the exchange of information amongst curators and managers of Natural History Collections.
- To promote the professional views of Natural History curators and conservators.
- To lobby for better resourcing of Natural History Collections.
We are keen for our members to feel connected with what is going on and we want to hear what you have to say, so please feel free to comment.
If you’re not a member of NatSCA you are welcome to use the resources we make available here, but please consider spending the £20 to join, which will help support our work and will provide you with a hard copy of our journal and discounts when attending our seminars and workshops.
For more information see our page on membership.